Sunday 10 June 2012

Memories and dreams

I miss the taste of champagne. Not because it's a taste that I like. Not because the bubbles tickle and the alcohol shoots straight into my brain. Not because I like the colour and the way it sits in a flute. I like champagne because once the bottle is open it can't be closed. It's open forever. And that taste, that sound, that sight, is of starting something sweet and intoxicating that will soon be over.

Surely love affairs should feel the same way? The same seductive tone, both don't last. Love never does endure the way it does in stories. Love is fickle and tricky and pretty much impossible to hold onto.

I've discovered, though, that I would rather have my heart broken a thousand times than be trusted with someone else's.

2 comments:

  1. that's deep. wow, really made me think! i hate love, to be honest. i gave it up. it's just not worth it to me. Now i'm starving to get somebody to love me. ironic, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the champagne metaphor. Very apt.

    I hate love. It's too complicated. I don't want anyone to have my heart and I definitely don't want to be trusted with someone elses.

    Stay strong, and remember that you are BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete